Unfortunately a question that needs to be seriously addressed.
All over Germany the midwifery shortage is palpable. The insurance companies and the politicians are not only ignoring the fact but they try and assure you that in their knowledge there are enough midwives out there.
We do not have enough midwifes
If I can not find a midwife, what are my options?
YOU are the only one who can help yourself.
So, If you weren’t lucky and luck is all it is these days and you have tried all these steps to snatch yourself a midwife, you can do the following:
- Write a postcard to our german Health minister Jens Spahn at lieberjens.de
- Contact the Deutsche Hebammenverband (DHV)
- A map exists with an overview of the midwifery shortage
- Inform your health insurance
- Write to your local politicians
- If you are living in Berlin contact:
Patientenbeauftragte für Berlin,
Tel: (030) 9028-2010
Mo. – Fr.: 10:00 – 14:00 Uhr
- An association called Motherhood e.V. exists. Be a member and/ or email them and let them know that you’re searching unsuccessfully. http://www.mother-hood.de