If you are planning on going home straight after delivery or if you give birth at home/ at a birthing house,in my opinion one of the best things that are definitely worth a thought.
Then ask yourself these following questions:
- Who is going to cook?
- Who is going to clean?
- Who is going to go food shopping?
- Who is going to do the washing?
If your answer for only one of those question is: The new mamma, then I want to say please re think and maybe read following post: Das Wochenbett
So, who will look after the new mother and her baby?
- The partnes might be doing the majority of work, i guess this is why we have Elternzeit
- Maybe you have family that is nearby or can travel and help you
- Maybe a professional cleaner
- Friends who come and help and bring food around (meal train )
- German supermarket chains offer delivery services,at least in berlin
- Buy in bulk
- Prepare food beforehand and freeze them
Sometimes it is just the awareness, if i know i wont be able to clean or cook it is totally okay,but if I presume I can and then realize I can not do an awful lot it might be far more frustrating.
The Germans have a word for going home straight after birth, they call it ambulante Geburt.
Lots of love & Go leor de ghrá,
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.