- Midwifes, of course, will assist you with breastfeeding. Have a chat about it while still pregnant
- Some say start reading about while you are still pregnant
- Even while still pregnant go and meet a breastfeeding support group, then it is not so akward turning up with a little baby
- Or go to such a meeting when the baby has arrived
- Most hospitals now have a breastfeeding specialist, who you can ask for if you have any issue
- Breastfeed within the first hour after birth
- Lots of bonding and skin to skin will help you and your baby
- Stay in bed,we call it “Wochenbett” for a reason
- Get a good breastfeeding pillow, because position your baby is so essentiell. ( ask for assistance before you purchase one)
- Lactation consultants /Stillberaterinnen are specially trained, come to your home or work in there own praxis, you will have to pay for there consulation, but it is worth it, a 1-1 talk about your special needs and the babys of course
- Some hospitals have brestfeeding ambulances
What helped you? What is missing in my list? I am looking forward from hearing your thoughts.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.