OR Sickness throughout the day
I thought about all the poor women who suffer from morning sickness. Normally this happens during the first 3 months of your pregnancy. This again we can blame on the hormones that are keeping your pregnancy liable.
Woman who suffer from morning sickness have less miscarriages
What can help you with morning sickness?
Or evening sickness, or sickness throughout the day?
- eat while you are still in bed
- ginger cookies, ginger might help you to relax your stomach
- anything plain, crackers, plain biscuits
- get out of bed very slowly
- sit at the side of your bed for several minutes or as long as you need to
- drink sweet, fizzy drinks. I know women who feel better after consuming coca cola or sprite
- try to eat small but frequent meals
- avoid fatty food
- fresh air might help, I guess sitting in a stuffy bus or U Bahn wont help, if possible try to avoid.
- wear a sea sickness wristband, available at pharmacies. It presses on a accupuncture point on your wrist that is known for its good effect on sea sickness, morning sickness or sickness of any kind
- acupuncture, performed by a homeopath, midwife or doctor. Has to be done on a regular basis.
- eat whatever you like and do not worry about what it is. As long as it stays down it has to be good
- drink whatever makes you feel good, of course please no alcohol
- if you feel you can’t go to work then go and see your gyni or your GP / Hausarzt. They can write you a sick note,
- talk to your midwife, she might have ideas that I didn’t write down
- your gynaecologist can prescribe you medication, if necessary.
- if it gets so severe that no foods, no fluids stay down, then please go and see an ER, you should get checked out
- the little baby you are carrying will be fine, in its little cocoon it will survive way worse, but please make sure that you feel better.
I wish that the morning sickness for you is not so severe or passes rather quickly. Many pregnant ladies feel better after the first 3 months, I hope you’re one of them. But yes, I have met ladies who felt sick troughout.
What helped you? What made you feel better?
I am very excited to hear what worked for you.
Lots of love & Go leor de ghrá,